Isla and the Happily Ever After Review // Emile

*Another post that I wrote I while ago, but I wouldn't want to waste it.

Hello everyone,

I have written so many reviews in the past few days. I hope you like reviews! If you don't, no worries, I'm going to be photo-logging the London Young Adult Literature Convention this weekend, so you can look forward to that. For now though, here's a review of Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. I have reviews Anna and the French Kiss, but not Lola and the Boy Next Door. I don't why, it just didn't happen. Sorry.

.
"Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on brooding artist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And, after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer break, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to face uncertainty about their futures, and the very real possibility of being apart."

Out of this series, Anna was my favourite, then Isla and finally Lola. I wouldn't label any of the books as "best" or "worst" though. Don't let yourself be fooled by the titles. Admittedly, they are super gooey cheesy romances. But they are fantastic! I love them so much. The couples are so perfect, and they fall in love in the most perfect romantic way. I don't have much, or any, experience with romance, but I think I have very high expectations now. No pressure, my first boyfriend.

These are the perfect books for anyone in a reading slump, or anyone with an incredible soft spot (like myself). I don't think there is honestly that much to say. I love the Parisian setting, very romantic. That's I like Lola the least because it's mostly set in America. I'm hoping if I ever move to France I will find all the cute boys that seem to exist there but not here. Sorry Britain. Also French is a lovely language.

That's really all I have to say about it I'm afraid.

The End,

No comments:

Post a Comment