Ms Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children Review (non-spoiler) and Currently Reading//Maud

Hello everyone,
I am so terribly sorry that I have not been writing recently. I have had a horrible past few weeks, I have just been really down and stressed but now I'm getting better so I though I would update you. this post is gong to be a Ms Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children review and a Currently Reading. 

Starting with the currently reading, I am about 130 pages into City of Bones. I haven't read in so long and I need to step up my game (I'm also sort of reading Frankenstein for school...). 
I'm enjoying it but not loving it at the moment. I hope it gets better ;/ 
I am also DYING TO READ HOLLOW CITY so I am desperate to finish CofB. 

Anyway, onto the review...
I absolutely LOVE MPHFPC! I just loved how the present tied in with the past.
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is about a boy called Jacob who is from America. Ever since he was little, his grandfather had told him stories of great adventures defeating monsters and of these peculiar children that live on an island in Wales that he was friend with. Growing up, Jacob didn't at all believe at word of his grandfather and was told that his old age was getting to him. But one day, Jacob gets a phone call from his grandfather at work and everything starts getting very strange. 
This is the blurb:
A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. A strange collection of peculiar photographs. it all waits to be discovered in Ms Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction with photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores it's decaying bedroom and hallways, it becomes clear that Miss Peregrine's children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for a good reason. And somehow----impossible though it seems----they may still be alive. 
I really recommend this book to anyone who loves historical fiction with a twist! Go read it! NOW!

I promise I will start uploading regularly again, 
Lots of Love, 
Maud xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment