The Book Sacrifice Tag // Emile

Hello lovelies!

(What that cheesy? Ok yeah that was cheesy. Whatever.)

This tag is a couple of years old, but this blog isn't which is why I haven't done it until now. So let's get right into it.




1) An Over-Hyped Book: So you're in a bookshop, browsing and then BOOM! ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE! An announcement coming over the PA system says that the only way to defeat the zombies is to attack them with an over-hyped book. Which book that everyone else enjoyed but you didn't would you use to defeat the zombie attack?


I would use My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Wanga. I found the protagonist incredibly frustrating and the book very cliche of the young adult contemporary genre. Not a favourite.



2) A Sequel: You've just been to the hair salon and got a smashing new haircut when there's a torrential downpour outside. What sequel would you use to protect your luscious locks from the rain?


For me, this was a tough choice between Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver and Insurgent by Veronica Roth, however in the end I would have to go with Insurgent. I know that a lot of people say this one but for good reason! I do not see the reason whereby in the first book Divergents are "really rare" and then suddenly in the second book everyone seems to be Divergent. I'm talking about the scene when they search that tall building after the attack.


3) A "Classic": You're in a lecture at school and your English tutor is going on and on about how this book revolutionised writing. You get so annoyed that you risk detention and chuck the book right at him just to show everyone how you feel! What book would you chuck?

I would absolutely lob A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens at my English teacher who actually recommended it to me last year. I couldn't get past the first fifty pages. I had no idea what was going on, the style of writing was difficult to read (which, I appreciate wasn't Dicken's fault) and I really didn't enjoy it. Dickens isn't my style.


4) Your Least Favourite Book You've Ever Read: You're stranded in a bookstore, there's twenty feet of snow outside, there's no electricity and you can't leave. You have to make a fire to keep warm and survive. Which book would you happily burn?

For me this would have to be The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien. This is deemed a classic, and I cannot say that I agree at all. I found it repetitive and incredibly tedious. It took me three months to read just two hundred pages of it. I didn't finish it and I have no intention of attempting to read it again.


5) Disappointing Ending: You're at home, drinking a coffee and reading on the sofa when you spill you're drink! Suddenly you see your parents pulling into the drive. Which book with a disappointing ending would you use to mop up the spill?

This is a situation of my own devising, it's all I could come up with. Personally, I would use Mockingjay  by Susanne Collins for this. I was not satisfied with the end of the series.



That's all for today folks! Let me know what books you would use in these situations on Twitter and Instagram!

Adios,

No comments:

Post a Comment