Just Go For It // Emile

Hello everyone,

I went to a dance class for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't something I had actually planned on doing that day, but I am very happy I went. I have wanted to do dance for such a long time - around 8 or 9 years. For someone who isn't actually very old (I'm only a teenager) that's quite a long time. 

I have been told multiple times by someone close to me that I couldn't do dance, that I was too frumpy and only slim, graceful girls dance. I am neither of those things, and I am okay with that now. Mostly. I gave up hope years ago that I would ever dance. Until one day a few months ago my Mum asked if I wanted to do any clubs or classes outside of school. Of course I said yes and I asked her if I could possibly go to a dance class. She said sure, that if I found one she would take me. 

I was walking on air. I had given up all hope of ever dancing and suddenly I could! Honestly I felt like crying. I know this sounds incredibly melodramatic but it seriously meant that much to me. Two weeks go I found a lyrical dance class near my village, and I went that day. And I am hooked. I love it so so so much. There were only two other girls there, they were really friendly and we instantly got along. 

This seems random I know, but I just wanted to come on here and say if there is something you want to do, go for it! I was worried I wasn't skinny enough to dance, but why does that matter? I did it, and I love it! I can't wait until my next class. I practise all the time at home to try and improve. Who knows, maybe I'll get quite far. 

The End,

No comments:

Post a Comment